Know your rights
flypop recognises and respects your rights as established by European regulation EC 261/2004
Waiver of compensation
You are not entitled to compensation if:
1. You were informed your flight was cancelled at least 14 days before the scheduled departure date.
2. You were informed of the cancellation between 7 and 14 days before the scheduled departure time and were offered re-routing, allowing you to depart no more than 2 hours before the scheduled departure time and to reach your final destination less than 4 hours after the scheduled arrival time; or
3. You were informed of the cancellation less than 7 days before the scheduled departure time but were offered re-routing, allowing you to depart no more than 1 hour before the scheduled departure time and to reach your final destination less than 2 hours after the scheduled arrival time.
4. The cancellation was the result of unavoidable ’extraordinary circumstances’ that were beyond the control of flypop including but not limited to air traffic control, weather, civil unrest, terrorist alerts and security alerts, strike action etc.
Right to care
If your flight has been delayed for less than four hours you are entitled to refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time. These will be provided by flypop or in the form of a voucher at some airports in the following formula:
- Less than one hour £0
- From 1-2 hours £2
- From 2-4 hours £4
Should flypop not be able to arrange care, we will reimburse you for reasonable expenses which can be made via the website expenses claim form. You will need to provide us with fully itemised receipts detailing the expense incurred. Please note that reimbursement for alcohol will not be made.
Right to accommodation
Where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary, or where a stay additional to that intended by the passenger becomes necessary, flypop will where possible provide accommodation and transport between the airport and place of accommodation.
In addition, passengers will be offered two telephone calls, telex or fax messages, or e-mails free of charge.
Should flypop not be able to arrange accommodation and you need to make your own arrangements, we will reimburse you for reasonable expenses which can be made via the website expenses claim form. You will need to provide us with fully itemised receipts detailing the expense incurred. Please note that reimbursement for alcohol will not be made.
Right to reimbursement
You have the right to:
1. Reimbursement within seven days, by the means provided for in Article 7(3), of the full cost of the ticket at the price at which it was bought, for the part or parts of the journey not made, and for the part or parts already made if the flight is no longer serving any purpose in relation to the passenger's original travel plan, together with, when relevant, - a return flight to the first point of departure, at the earliest opportunity;
2. Re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity; or
3. Re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at a later date at the passenger's convenience, subject to availability of seats.
Right to compensation
Passengers shall receive compensation amounting to:
EUR 600 for all flights.
If passengers are offered re-routing to their final destination on an alternative flight, and the arrival time does not exceed the scheduled arrival time of the flight originally booked by four hours, the compensation provided is reduced by 50 %.
The compensation shall be paid by electronic bank transfer or with the signed agreement of the passenger, in travel vouchers and/or other services.